ARM PROJECT CALLS
OPEN ARM INSTITUTE PROJECT CALLS
The ARM Institute has two active Project Calls:
- ARM-TEC-21-03: This Technology Project Call is based on several specific priorities provided by the Department of the Air Force (DAF) in manufacturing and sustainment and features two Special Topic Areas: (1) Augmented Reality for Manufacturing & Sustainment and (2) Depot Factory AI Robotics (Depot-FAIR). We will host a webinar outlining the Project Call content and submission process on December 3 at 12 PM ET. Register here.
- ARM-EWD-21-05: This Education & Workforce Development Project Calls seeks Endorsement Auditors for the ARM Endorsement Program. The project results will be to have ARM Members performing Endorsement audits as paid Auditors to assess programs which are providing best-in-practice, industry-focused advanced manufacturing training.
Learn more about each Project Call below.
ARM Technology Project Call: ARM-TEC-21-03
The ARM Institute is soliciting submissions that respond to specific needs of the manufacturing industry and the Department of Defense (DoD). This special project call is based on several specific priorities provided by the Department of the Air Force (DAF) in manufacturing and sustainment and, generally, on the strategic focus areas identified in the ARM Institute Technology Investment Strategy (“TIS”). The specific topics of the call are those areas that were: 1) found by the DAF community to be most urgent and important for the ARM Institute ecosystem, and 2) identified through joint ARM Institute/DoD analysis because their development and use in a maintenance and/or manufacturing process would contribute in a disruptive fashion to a significant opportunity in the DoD and/or commercial communities.
Special Topic Areas:
- Augmented Reality for Manufacturing & Sustainment
- Depot Factory AI Robotics (Depot-FAIR)
Please note two important logistics pieces for this Project Call below:
- Due to the nature of this Project Call, foreign nationals are not permitted to work on any awarded project.
- If you submit a proposal that needs export control, you must inform us prior to submitting. Email [email protected] and copy [email protected] for more information.
On December 3 at 12 PM ET, we will host a webinar to answer your questions about the Project Call and outline the content and process for submitting Concept Papers. Can’t join at the scheduled time? Register to automatically receive a copy of the webinar recording. Register here.
You must be an ARM Institute Member to submit a proposal. Email [email protected] to learn more about membership.
Submission deadline for Concept Papers: December 17, 2021
Invitations for Proposal Submission Released: On or about January 17, 2022
Submission Deadline for Proposal Packages: February 18, 2022
Final Selections Released; Subaward Negotiations Begin: On or about March 25, 2022
Subaward Execution Deadline; Awards Expire: On or about May 9, 2022
Target Project Start Date: No later than May 9, 2022
General Project Call questions can be submitted to: [email protected].
ARM Education & Workforce Development Project Call: ARM-EWD-21-05
The ARM Institute is currently soliciting Endorsement Auditors for the ARM Endorsement Program. This project call is different from the previous EWD project calls in that ARM is requesting bidders that desire to contract with ARM Institute to perform audits of educational programs submitted for endorsement. The project results will be to have ARM Members performing Endorsement audits as paid Auditors to assess programs which are providing best-in-practice, industry-focused advanced manufacturing training.
In April of this year, the ARM Institute launched a national capability (RoboticsCareer.org) that addresses these key issues:
- What competencies and roles are required to meet manufacturing employer needs?
- What career pathway makes the most sense for me as a job seeker?
- Where can education seekers and employers find training programs that best meet these needs?
- What jobs are available that meet the skills I have developed in robotics?
The need for skilled Industry 4.0 manufacturing employees has never been greater. In conjunction with the Department of Defense, our experts within its member consortium and other partners, the ARM Institute launched a public website that addresses these key issues. The ARM Institute’s solution identifies the most comprehensive list of education providers nationally and endorses programs and institutions that provide the skills needed for robotics jobs as identified by industry. Future versions will include job listings and career pathway planning.
The ARM Institute has created the ARM Endorsement Program for educational providers offering courses that map to the Industry 4.0 Competency Framework and Robotic Career Pathways created through the consortium.
You must be an ARM Institute Member to submit a proposal. Learn more about membership by emailing [email protected]. All proposals must be submitted using the ARM Member Community. Email [email protected] for assistance logging into the Community and email
Cover Letter & Resume Due: December 29, 2021
Expected Dates for Interviews: January 2-7, 2022
Endorsement Auditors Notified: NLT January 12, 2022
Finalize Service Contracts: NLT January 21, 2022
Auditor Training: NLT February 1, 2022
Email [email protected] with questions.
ABOUT ARM INSTITUTE PROJECT CALLS
While our project calls are publicly available, you must be an ARM Member to submit a proposal. By becoming an ARM Member, you will collaborate to secure our nation’s future, make valuable connections, and see solutions that suffered from a lack of funding be lifted off the ground. In the aftermath of COVID-19, this mission and this work has never been more important. Join today to become a part of this critical effort to lead future of manufacturing. Email [email protected] to learn more about our project calls and membership. Stay tuned to this page and join our mailing list to receive new Project Call announcements.