22-01 Technology Project Call
The ARM Institute has now publicly released our 22-01 Technology Project Call. There are several unique and new aspects to our Technology Project Call, including:
- Project teams can request up to $1M per project. A minimum 1:1 cost share is required for all submissions. The overall ARM budget for this project call will be approximately $10M.
- This Project Call will follow a NEW two-step process. The first step will be Concept Papers. Project teams selected from the Concept Phase will be invited for project presentations to our panel of reviewers.
- New and expanded Project Call topic areas, including an increased focus on AI for robotic manufacturing systems.
While our Project Call is publicly available, you must be an ARM Institute Member to submit a concept paper. Email [email protected] to learn more about membership.
Public Webinar Recording
We hosted a public webinar in support of this Project Call on August 3. This webinar outlined the process for submitting concept papers and reviewed the Project Call technical content. We also answered attendee questions. You can access the recording of this webinar below.
NOTE FOR ARM MEMBERS: ARM Members have exclusive access to the recording of our Tech Day event that was hosted virtually on July 13. This recording is available on the digital Member Community. Our Tech Day event featured subject matter experts provided specific overviews on each on our Special Topic Areas. Email [email protected] for assistance using the Member Community.
Special Topic Areas
This Project Call features new and expanded Special Topic Areas, including:
- Adaptive Real-Time Path Planning and Control
- Human Action & Intention Prediction
- Robot Learning
- Feature and Pose Recognition and Estimation
- Virtual Commissioning of Advanced Robotic Systems
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data for Advanced Manufacturing Robotic Systems
- Multi-Agent Motion Planning and Tasking for Discreet and Continuous Manufacturing Processes
- Virtual Masking for Advanced Coating Applications
Project Call Timeline at a Glance
Download the Full Project Call Document to access a more detailed scheduled, however, some key dates are included below:
- Concept papers due: August 12, 2022
- Invitations for presentations phase released: On or about August 19, 2022
- Submission deadline for presentations and supporting documents: September 19, 2022
- Team presentations: Week of September 26, 2022
- Final selections released; subaward negotiations begin: On or about September 30, 2022
- Subaward execution deadline; awards expire: November 1, 2022
- Targeted project state date: November 1, 2022
Download Project Call Templates
All Concept Papers must be submitted via the ARM Member Community. Log in here or email [email protected] for help using the Member Community.
Email [email protected] with any questions about the Project Call process. Email [email protected] for help using the ARM Member Community.