22-01 Technology Project Call
Concept Paper submissions for our 22-01 Technology Project Call closed on Friday, August 12, 2022. We are now in the process of reviewing concept papers and selecting the project teams that will move on to the second step in our Project Call selection process. Teams will be notified if they have been selected to move to the second evaluation phase on or about August 19, 2022.
There were a number of unique aspects to this Project Call, including:
- Project teams can request up to $1M per project. A minimum 1:1 cost share is required for all submissions. The overall ARM budget for this project call will be approximately $10M.
- This Project Call will follow a NEW two-step process. The first step will be Concept Papers. Project teams selected from the Concept Phase will be invited for project presentations to our panel of reviewers.
- New and expanded Project Call topic areas, including an increased focus on AI for robotic manufacturing systems.
Special Topic Areas
This Project Call features new and expanded Special Topic Areas, including:
- Adaptive Real-Time Path Planning and Control
- Human Action & Intention Prediction
- Robot Learning
- Feature and Pose Recognition and Estimation
- Virtual Commissioning of Advanced Robotic Systems
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data for Advanced Manufacturing Robotic Systems
- Multi-Agent Motion Planning and Tasking for Discreet and Continuous Manufacturing Processes
- Virtual Masking for Advanced Coating Applications
Project Call Timeline at a Glance
Download the Full Project Call Document to access a more detailed scheduled, however, some key dates are included below:
- Concept papers due: August 12, 2022
- Invitations for presentations phase released: On or about August 19, 2022
- Submission deadline for presentations and supporting documents: September 19, 2022
- Team presentations: Week of September 26, 2022
- Final selections released; subaward negotiations begin: On or about September 30, 2022
- Subaward execution deadline; awards expire: November 1, 2022
- Targeted project state date: November 1, 2022
Email [email protected] with any questions about the Project Call process. Email [email protected] for help using the ARM Member Community.