Our Program Management team works with the ARM Institute membership ecosystem and our Government stakeholders to define high-priority areas of need in technology development and catalyze impactful solutions for robotics in manufacturing.
Our Project Calls seeks solutions that are beyond the basic research phase and are ready to take the next steps for commercialization.
This stage is typically referred to as Technical Readiness Levels (TRL) 4-7. Our Members form project teams to respond to our Project Calls, which focus on delivering solutions in priority technical investment areas. We leverage a robust network of members that includes established national brands, innovative start-ups, manufacturers, government entities, and academic institutions.
Doing this allows us to:
- Accomplish work that develops, scales-up, and commercializes key enabling technologies for manufacturing and the overall supply chain
- Build a repository of industrial robotics solutions, applications and information
- Strengthens the U.S. Industrial Base
ARM Institute Members and members of the government receive special access to the outputs from ARM Institute-funded project, available through the ARM Member Community.
134 unique organizations have participated in ARM Institute-funded projects
The ARM Institute has funded and managed a total of 120 projects from technology to workforce development
Through these 120 projects, the ARM Institute has leveraged $40M government funding and $48M in cost-share.
Key Technical Focus Areas
The ARM Institute collaborates with government, industry, and academia to identify high-priority arears of need that are addressed through ARM Institute Project Calls. Among more focus areas, the ARM Institute has catalyzed robotics solutions focused in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Reconfigurable, Agile, and Flexible Robotic Workcells
- Risk Reduction for Transition to the Factory Floor
- Material handling, including composites and textiles
- Intelligent Robotic Systems
- COVID-19 Mitigation
- Apprenticeships & Workforce Training
June 20, 2022