Brett Lambert Named Chair of the Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM) Board of Directors
Mr. Lambert has been a member of the ARM Board of Directors since the organization’s founding.
AUGUST 28, 2019 – Mr. Brett Lambert, Managing Director of the Densmore Group, has been named the Chair of Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM)’s Board of Directors. Mr. Lambert is a founding member of ARM’s Board of Directors, which was established following the organization’s inception in 2017. Based in Pittsburgh, PA, ARM is one of 14 Manufacturing USA Institutes, focused on the acceleration of transformative robotic technologies and education to increase U.S. global manufacturing competitiveness.
Mr. Lambert brings diverse and highly awarded experience to the ARM Board of Directors, having led the effort to establish the first Manufacturing USA institute in 2011. Through his many prestigious positions and work on various advisory boards, Mr. Lambert has more than 20 years of experience working in the defense and intelligence industries. Additionally, he has been awarded numerous distinctions for this work, including being the recipient of the Secretary of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service in 2013, the highest award from the Secretary available to a non-career civilian.
“I’m delighted to chair ARM’s board”, stated Mr. Lambert. “Since its inception, ARM has played a pivotal role in catalyzing the advancement of robotic technologies and workforce development for manufacturing through its member consortium and funded projects. I look forward to continuing to provide advice and guidance to the organization.”
A current list of the members of ARM’s Board of Directors is below:
- Marcia Ballinger – President, Lorain County Community College (LCCC)
- Eli Evankovich – Chief Executive Officer, Premier Automation
- Gary Fedder – Director, Manufacturing Futures Initiative (MFI), Carnegie Mellon University
- Brett Lambert – Managing Director, Densmore Group
- Petra Mitchell – President and CEO, Catalyst Connection
- John O’Leary – Vice President of Engineering, Airbus Americas
- Sam Reiman – Director, Richard King Mellon Foundation
- Martin Schmidt – Provost, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Edward Tunstel – Associate Director of Robotics and Robotics Group Leader, United Technologies Research Center (UTRC)
- Jeffrey Wilcox – VP Digital Transformation, Lockheed Martin
Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM) is the nation’s leading collaborative in robotics and workforce innovation. Structured as a public-private partnership, we accelerate transformative robotic technologies and education to increase U.S. global manufacturing competitiveness. Founded in January 2017 in Pittsburgh, PA by Carnegie Mellon University, and funded by the Department of Defense, ARM is part of the Manufacturing USA® network. Learn more at www.arminstitute.org. Note: The ARM headquarters has relocated to Mill 19 A. Our updated main phone number is (412) 785-0444. Our address is: Mill 19 A Suite 200, 4501 Lytle St. Pittsburgh, PA 15207