Robotics Training for Veterans Project
This project created curriculum and program materials for robotic systems training that will result in two robotic systems certificates for veterans focused in construction, an industry ripe for automation applications. Preparing workers for this next phase will position them for future jobs embracing new technologies. The first robotics certificate will be focused on design/manufacture. The second robotics certification will focus on deployment, utilization, and repair skills with 3Space Makers veteran workforce. This strategic deployment of robotics training for veterans acts as a natural step between the line of duty and the manufacturing line.
Objective of Robotics Training for Veterans
Strengthen the manufacturing workforce by training transitioning military. Specifically:
- Identify/map skill sets of Veterans
- Identify technical/professional experiences of the transitioning veterans
- Employ information to create EWD robotic training programs for veterans
- Utilize understanding to recruit transitioning veterans to enroll in this robotics technician training
- Lead to robotic and automation related manufacturing jobs.
Participants in Robotics Training for Veterans Project
Texas A&M University (Principal Investigator), 3Space Makers, Fort Hood Army Base, Veterans Research and Support Center