This project created curriculum and program materials for robotic systems training that will result in two robotic systems certificates for veterans focused in construction, an industry ripe for automation applications. Preparing workers for this next phase will position them for future jobs embracing new technologies. The first robotics certificate will be focused on design/manufacture. The second certification will focus on deployment, utilization, and repair skills with 3Space Makers veteran workforce.
Strengthen the manufacturing workforce by training transitioning military. Specifically:
- Identify/map skill sets of Veterans
- Identify technical/professional experiences of the transitioning veterans
- Employ information to create EWD robotic training programs for veterans
- Utilize understanding to recruit transitioning veterans to enroll in this training
- Lead to robotic and automation related manufacturing jobs.
Texas A&M University (Principal Investigator), 3Space Makers, Fort Hood Army Base, Veterans Research and Support Center